Translate

Thursday 17 January 2013

Bathroom challenge

Dear reader,
Yesterday I told you about why we are living frugally-because we have had to spend a lot on doing up our house. Some of it necessary, the boiler was ancient, the windows were hanging by a cobweb.
I have looked back over the photos we took when we moved in and have found the pink bathroom.
I challenge you to have a worse one!

This is the new one complete with heated floor and heated mirror wall, which you can't see but great for steaminess. ( the pic is now at the bottom-still learning)
We removed the boiler and subsequently the airing cupboard to make the room bigger and put in a combi boiler.
Anything in the house seems to cost a fortune and although big man is very able with DIY a bathroom installation was beyond even his abilities. Everything was wrong with this house, the toilet was too near the wall for plumbing regulations,the electrics were knackered, there were wasps nests in the roof and so I go on........

Ah well, if all goes to plan we can start to overpay the mortgage in a year or two. That's what I keep telling myself anyway as I make those sandwiches in the cold kitchen at 6am.

Waiting for the snow here in Buckinghamshire.
Log burner on-check
Fleece leisure suit on (its cheap pj's from Primarni)-check

Sarah x

5 comments:

  1. That was one pink bathroom. I have my fleece house trousers on,they are like a second skin, so warm and toasty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi miss PB,

    Awaiting the snow blizzards here. Big man wants a sledge, he's a big kid and loves the snow. I look mad in my fleecy outfit bit I just don't care!

    Stay warm!

    Sarah. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new bathroom, what a transformation, don't think I could have lived with a pink suite!

    We have had another layer of snow this afternoon and the temperature has really dropped. No work for me until Monday so I will be shopping from my freezer and cupboards with a few fresh bits from Lidl and doing a batch cook of something.

    Keep warm and enjoy your weekend
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      Ah yes the pink suite. What worried me more was the carpet in there that had been down for years. I dread to think........
      Snowing lightly here.

      Sarah. X

      Delete
  4. I need to do lots of DIY, but that's project next year, methinks.

    ReplyDelete