Translate

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Day 2 smoke free

Dear reader,

Day two of not smoking and not spending yet. Had some urges at work but luckily there were still a load of sweets in the office so stuffed my face instead! I know, I know, it's bad especially as some of my colleagues are super fit and run several miles to work and home again. They've asked me to join them and I agreed..........in the car!
Now I don't mind a walk or a jog occasionally (if the ancient and greying sports bra is found) but 5 miles before work at 0530,?  Naaaaahhh. Actually, the above is a total lie, I DO mind jogging. I much prefer a leisurely swim and I do like walking, scenic preferably.

Really pleased with no spending today. I might have popped into the golden M before work for a breakfast £3.69, then I probably could have eaten a canteen lunch at work £4 plus a drink 80p plus
Those that we cannot mention in the house today £7. It wasn't that bad every day but there was potential.
I asked big man how he had done today and was scowled at! I think he suffers more than me and then weakens which is the perfect excuse for me to join him. All in the past now, feel good today, probably cost me a fortune at the dentist after the tin of Quality Street I found but at least I didn't smoke. Is it just me or do the round gold ones pull out everyone's fillings?

Instead of buying food today I had,
Breakfast: slice of toast (homemade bread, a bit heavy but hey)
Late breakfast at work: ham sandwich-homemade bread
Lunch: last nights curry and rice
Dinner: The beef bourguignon ( I will make stew next time as have to keep looking up spelling) and mash. Chocolate rice pudding.

I know, I know no fruit, not much veg, it looks terrible written down. Will try harder tomorrow but I do get up at 5am and it ain't pretty!

Does anyone have any tips on how I can make my breadmaker bread a bit lighter? It's very sort of cake like and solid.

Smoke free savings: £28

Sarah. Xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah
    Congratulations on day 2 really proud of you - keep it up.
    Re the bread, sounds like the dough was maybe too dry or it didn't have enough time to rise. My dough usually feels slightly sticky and I bake my bread in the oven not in the breadmaker.
    See ya tomorrow
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    I am really proud of you too.

    What about giving OH a little reward of some kind for giving up?
    Sounds like he may need it!
    Or even thing about my big reward idea-And then post pictures of your reward everywhere until it happens. Remember £200 could buy you a lovely break in a nice hotel!

    I don't know if you saw but I have recently given up chocolate. Now many may laugh at that but I have had a COMPULSIVE addiction to chocolate all my life and I've given it up!

    And part of why it worked was by getting my reward sorted out before my will power ran out. I then talked to myself, saying yes, I am going to do this and I will earn that treat.

    I also used visualisation strategies too.

    I saw it as my last chance to really do something brave about a real health risk.

    I really want you both to succeed and to save for that deposit. Giving up smoking could make your wishes come true.

    (Motherly talk over now).

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete