Translate

Monday 28 January 2013

The price of beauty.

Dear reader,

I have just come home from work and as always, I read any comments you have sent me and do my replies. I always reply and I love to hear from you.
I then read the Daily Mail online..... I found a great article today called "What's the price of you daily routine-from Skinflint to Spendthrift, three women's beauty secrets"

One woman spends £907.90
Quote, "I'd rather scrimp on other things and face the world full of confidence."

One woman spends £550.78
Quote, "But, compared with previous years, believe it or not, this is beauty austerity for me."

One woman spends £69.76
Quote, "And with that, I’m ready — as I’ll ever be — for my close-up.

I found it strange that they only bought one bottle of shampoo and one of conditioner for the whole year. Anyway, I decided to tot up my own beauty goods, here goes......all my prices are a rough guide but not much more or less.

Revlon colour stay foundation £9-last me a year. (I mix it with moisturiser)
Cheapest blusher £5
Eyeliner £1 (black)
Lipstick £5
Mascara £10
Eyeshadow £10 (still using stuff I bought in 2008)
Hairdye £20 (4x£5)
Shampoo and conditioner £10 (a few bottle of the cheap stuff)

So about £70. They haven't included hair dye and only x1 bottle of shampoo a year! 
I have had all my make up at least a year or two so I'm probably half that.

I've done all the top brands before. The special under eye sticks, the puff your lips up lipstick, the dewy eye drop stuff, the make your teeth as white as snow paste, the make your eyes big, your bum small and your boobs as pert as an 18 year old, the heated eyelash curlers, hair extensions to give you more hair, the hot waxes to give you less hair, you know where (leave all dignity at the door,)
The spray tans, the false eyelashes, the French manicure, (hands and feet if you please!)

I'm exhausted just typing it all..........

No more, enough is enough. I am enough as I am. Yes, a little make up is a great confidence booster and we all like to look good but I am refusing to spend any more money on all this stuff. If you don't like how I look, best not to look then. I do my hair, I put on a bit of make up and that's my lot. Take it or sod off.

I will use what I have, I will make it last and do the best I can with what I have.
I will drink water for my skin, eat well and go to bed earlier. That's the best I can do for myself.

You know, I looked at the three pictures of these women and a small part of me begged for the £900 one to look loads better.............you know the answer.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how they get their figures. In these surveys, women always seem to spend loads on cosmetics, and the next thing you read, they're not chucking it out often enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna,

      I've never chucked mine away until it was all used. Probably a marketing idea to get us to buy more. By the way, I love it when you comment as the picture of you looks like you're laughing your head off and always makes me really smile!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  2. Gosh! my make up is nearly as old as me!! Like my lippy though lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Karen,

      Mine definately is as old as me. I don't care, I just use it anyway. When I look at some of the girls on the make up counters they look orange and it puts me off buying their stuff!

      Sarah. X

      Delete