Translate

Friday 18 January 2013

Bearded lady does stock take.

Dear reader,
Have been indoors today just watching the snow continue to fall. Nice at first, quite pleasant to see and big man and I went out to try to build a snowman in the front garden. I know, big kids really.
I started with a small ball and it refused to get bigger. Wrong type of slow said the snowman expert, "Too powdery." So we walked tot he end of our close. As you come out onto the main road there is a small hill either side. To the left, the lane through the woods and to the right it goes towards the village.
There were cars stuck on either side, neither able to get up the hill. As I laughed a little, (I know, but I couldn't help it,) then fell flat on my bum. There were lots of the neighbours out, watching, pushing and spreading grit to help. I remained as dignified as one could considering I was wearing big mans beannie beard and looked like a bearded woman.beardhead.co.uk

When we got in I felt a little worried about food stocks as we would find it difficult to get out of here and being a girl who likes her food I did a stock take.

Fridge:
20 eggs
2 blocks of cheese
1/2 tub of spread
1/2 bag of salad
1 gammon joint
1 pack of mince 450g
1 punnet cherry tomatoes

Freezer:
2 portions h/m lasagne
2 portions h/m faggots
1 pack of sausages
1 pack frozen veg
1 pack frozen peas
2 bacon cheese grills
2 veggie sausages
1/2 pack potato croquettes
1 pack English muffins (orange flavour)
2 portions chilli
2 potions curry

Cupboard:
Potatoes (large sack)
Onions (large sack)
Rice
Pasta
Baked beans
Noodles
Cous cous (yes AF)
1 and 1/2 loaves plus ingredients for homemade

Panic averted. Must have enough food for at least  a week or two.

Sarah. X

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, you do make me grin :D (I mean in a nice way!! :)
    That would be me too, -flat on my bum LOL.

    Sounds like you have averted your panic of no food nicely :)

    Have a great weekend my dear, and keep warm. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thanks for reading. I now have a large bruise to the rear. I came over all worried that we might be trapped here!
      Hope all is well where you are.

      Sarah x

      Delete