Translate

Thursday 3 January 2013

Skinflint shopper

Dear reader,

Popped into Asda this evening, only for bread as I couldn't face another solid cake loaf from the breadmaker and milk. Loads of yellow stickers which was great. I have passed the slightly cringey embarrassment of sidling upto the reduced section and now squeeze myself in with the rest.
I found, skimmed organic milk, 2 pint 34p x2, loads of bread, 10p a loaf x4 and some weight watchers sausages 79p x 4. Don't really eat many sausages but these are very low in fat and not at all greasy like the cheap ones you can get. Will be good for a slow cooker sausage casserole one evening.
Also some nice seeded rolls for packed lunches tomorrow.
Tried to think of some alternatives to take to work as we often work late at night and I like to have something different sometimes. I had defrosted some chicken drumsticks so I rubbed these with a dry BBQ jerk seasoning I had in the cupboard from AP Food and roasted them for tomorrow.
Has anyone else got any ideas for packed lunches I can use?

Sarah.

2 comments:

  1. Great reductions but where's the smoking update?

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You've got a new follower. It's flourgirl!

    ReplyDelete